Monday, April 3, 2017

Rolling Solo

So yesterday was leg day and I am really feeling it today.  My legs are sore, which means that I worked out muscles that haven't been worked like this is a while.  I decided to jog twice yesterday which is something that I have never done before.  It was a challenge but I made it through.  I work out alone so there is no motivation from outside sources.  I pooled the gumption all by my lonesome.  This brings me to the point of this post.  I don't understand how people are unable to workout by themselves.

Is this part of a dependent personality?  Why do you need the encouragement of another person to do something that you should be doing anyway?  Your motivation should be to stay healthy and to try to live longer.  I am not sure why these two factors do not give people the push they need to lead healthier lives.  Instead they want to transfer that energy onto another person, trying to make that person partly responsible for your success.

I personally do not have the time, desire, or energy to dedicate to another person's physical health.  I don't mind sharing a few tidbits of information or nuggets of nutritional wisdom. But when it comes to you relying on me or using me as a crutch to reach your goals, that is where I draw the line.  I can't, I won't and I am not going to be responsible for you.  I am not going to set dates to go to the gym with you.  I am not going to motivate you to go to the gym.  I am not going to follow up with you to make sure you made it to the gym.  I am not getting paid to do these things, so I am not going to do them.  That is what personal trainers are for, so you should lean on that person.  They get paid to be your cheerleader and to push you to your goals. 

In conclusion, the answer is "no."  If I lived closer to you, I still would not go to the gym with you.  I don't want you tagging along with me, distracting me or messing with my time table.  I will go to a class with you sure, but that is different.  The instructor is there to help you, which takes the focus off of me.  Get off your ass and go get it!  This is to those folks that are dependent on others, and to me when I get the lazies.  Push, self-motivate and work hard!

Upbeat,

A.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment