Monday, February 22, 2016

Can't Shake It

I am sad to report that I am depressed today.  My skin has driven me to this point.  I do not feel like doing anything productive today but I have to work.  I feel like nesting on the sofa with wine or sleeping pills.  My spouse has been very supportive and always showers me with affection and great ideas.  I am trying to follow his advice now.  He is no expert on skin conditions, but he is an excellent problem solver.  When I am sitting in the house feeling defeated, he is the voice of reason.  He will motivate me to try to move or to do something to help myself. 

Now I am washing all of the bedding in hot water and will wipe down the pillows with Lysol.  I requested an appointment with a dermatologist downtown that specializes in ethnic skin.  Maybe this will be a turning point for me.  I am eager to hear back from her team.  She works in the same facility as a dermatologist I saw back in 2008, Dr. Lavoo.  Dr. Lavoo was really good and I thoroughly appreciated her approach.  Perhaps this physician has a similar approach to diagnosis and treatment.

Until then, I will try to get myself in order.  My mind is just not in a good place today and it seems like a massive feat in order to "get right." Luckily, the cats are here to provide companionship today.  Unluckily there are drugs and knives and weapons in the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment