Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Pulling The Trigger

Today I am stepping into uncharted territory.  I am braving this anxiety filled episode.  I am full of hesitation and just plain scared.  I am going to invest in the stock market.  I read this fabulous book called I Will Teach You To Be Rich and I am inspired down to my marrow.  I am getting serious about my future and about growing my pennies into nickels.  The uncertainly of the market is weighing heavy on me right now but I want to keep plowing forward.

I have already completed step one, which is setting up the brokerage account.  I feel as though I am armed with enough knowledge to make good things happen. It is a process, but I am knocking down hurdles and getting things accomplished. Conservative, moderate or moderately aggressive, decisions decisions.  Maybe I should open two IRAs and set one as moderately aggressive and the other as conservative.  I am also wondering if I should open an IRA Certificate over at my primary financial institution.  These little dandies have no investments attached to them, so they read like fancy Certificates of Deposits(CD).  The only difference that I can pick up on is that the interest rate is higher for the IRA Certificates.  The terms are the same, but the APY and APR are slightly higher.  It causes me to wonder why this is.  Are they trying to make these more appealing in some way with this naming convention?  Given the circumstances, I would prefer to invest in the IRA Certificate rather than getting another CD.

Figuring out exactly what little investments my pennies can afford will be something.  I will try to enjoy the journey as I continue to stretch out of my comfort zone.  Of course it is always easier to just keep the status quo; However, one can't grow under such limiting circumstance

This leads me to reflect a bit on my immediate past.  I have always been a quiet and reserved person.   I am an introvert at my core and I enjoy doing things alone.  I prefer to be in my bubble and keeping things to myself.  I am a private person and I don't like to share many details about my life.  My social media accounts will prove that I am not an over-sharer.  At any rate, I would like to keep things the same, so I can be safe and secure in my bubble.  But I am not going to do that.  I am going to try to be courageous and keep inching out of my comfort zone.  Life would be bland and vapid if I just keep standing still.  Let's burst this bubble!

Motivated!

A.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment